Twenty-two years, at least, and still running. Our Amana refrigerator. Makes a light humming noise off and on in its aging state, but it’s still rocking. No issues and no repairmen. No computerized controls. On occasion, Paul pulls it out to clean the coils and then back in place it goes. We talk about getting… Continue reading Old Faithful
Sounds like a soap opera doesn’t it? What would I do if I knew I had one more day to live. In reality, I should live as if that were true. One day it will be. So, tomorrow evening it’s curtains. What shall I do with the day? When I wake up, assuming I was… Continue reading One Day to Live
It happened. I had a birthday. I became 68. I think this makes me officially a senior citizen. Whoo-hoo! I lie. It’s not a whoo-hoo moment. Don’t get me wrong. I have no complaints. I’m in glorious company at this stage of life. In fact, I am so very thankful to have made it this… Continue reading Cause de Célébration
Going deep, you say? Yes, exactly. I’m not talking scuba diving or freediving. I’m talking ”small talk” and ”deep talk.” I mean like really getting to know someone. To some extent, I don’t really ”know” some of my friends and family, and they don’t really “know” me. Not a big deal, but for me it… Continue reading Going Deep
“On average, we think about 50,000 thoughts a day. Few of them are new. A whopping 98% of all thoughts we think on a daily basis actually belong to yesterday.” https://www.medium.com Andy Murphy, The Shocking Percentage of Thoughts That Belong to Yesterday, December 8, 2021. This leaves us with 2% for new thinking a day.… Continue reading Just Wondering . . .
I love him. He was a father to me, not taking anything away from my dad. He loved me unconditionally. I wasn’t around him all the time, but yet he was always there. He was love. It felt good. He and his wife, Evelyn, were so loving and kindhearted. They generously let me be a… Continue reading My Cousin, Jimmy
There is no friend as loyal as a book. — Ernest Hemingway What kind of reader are you? Don’t read. Read on occasion. Read a fair amount. Voracious. What’s your pleasure? Fiction or nonfiction? E-books, audiobook listening, or print? Do you have a special place where you read? Which genres do you prefer? Before you… Continue reading A Treasure of Titles
I ask this of myself on occasion. Kind of a barometer of where I’m at. Always fluctuating. I’m feeling pretty good these days so I’m not wanting, needing, or thinking about anything too serious. Forbes.com listed eight things, in order, that people want more than anything. They note people desperately desire these things but they… Continue reading What Do I Want More Than Anything, At Least For Now?
A sanctuary of home. The phrase soothes me. I was reading a psychological thriller. The protagonist had been out doing seedy things and came home in the wee hours. This was the first phrase of the next chapter. I took a breath when those words passed through my mind and caught the attention of my… Continue reading A Sanctuary of Home
I’m feeling melancholy — I think. Emotionally I’m a tad different. Maybe it’s the bipolar or maybe it’s me — same person regardless, I consider I rarely get depressed. I debated writing about it because I don’t want The Bruno Papers to be a negative space. I don’t consider this depressing really. Just talking about… Continue reading A Touch of The Blues